1. India to give Rs 35 cr to Bangladesh under ‘Muktijodha scholarship’ scheme
India will give Rs 35 crore to children of freedom fighters in Bangladesh in the next five years under the new ‘Muktijodha scholarship’ scheme.
India initiated the Muktijodha Scholarship Scheme in 2006 for descendants of the 1971 Freedom Fighters. Until now, more than 10,000 scholarships worth Tk150 million have been disbursed.
2. Maharashtra CM inaugurated state’s 1st automatic weather station
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Sunday inaugurated the State’s first automatic weather station at Dongargaon in Vidarbha region.
“Around 2,065 such weather stations will come across Maharashtra on public private partnership (PPP) model this year, and 1,000 of these will be set up by June,” said Fadnavis, while addressing a farmers’ gathering after the inauguration.
3. China, Europe planning to build ‘moon village’
China and Europe are planning to build the first-ever “moon village” that could serve as a launching pad for deep space missions such as one to Mars, or even as a spot for space tourism and lunar mining.
4. Exhibition of Global Mobile Internet Conference held in Beijing
The 2017 Global Mobile Internet Conference held in Beijing. It featured speakers from technology giants such as Alibaba, Baidu, Huawei and Tencent. The event is hosted annually in Beijing and Silicon Valley, California.
5. Mercedes’ Valtteri Bottas wins F1 Russian GP
Finland’s Mercedes team driver Valtteri Bottas won his first Formula One victory after he finished first at the Russian Grand Prix, the fourth race of the 2017 F1 season.
6. Mumbai, Chennai among top 20 tourist destinations in Asia Pacific
Mumbai and Chennai have been named among the top 20 tourist destinations in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region in a report.
Overall, Bangkok remains the most visited in the list of 171 destinations across 22 countries in the APAC region.
Chennai ranked 14 with 5.2 million international overnight arrivals, while Mumbai stood 15 with 4.9 million arrivals.
7. SBI reduces term deposit rates
Country’s largest lender State Bank of India has cut its term deposit rates by up to 50 basis points for various maturities. The rates have been revised for medium and long term deposits and for amount below Rs one crore.
8. Donald Trump says China stopped manipulating currency after he was elected
US President Donald Trump has claimed that China stopped manipulating its currency as soon as he assumed office. “I did say I would call China, if they were, a currency manipulator, early in my tenure. And then I get there. Number one, as soon as I got elected, they stopped. They’re not –it’s not going down anymore, their currency,”
9. The Real Estate Act, 2017
The long-awaited Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act (RERA) will be implemented from May 1.
The Act specifies that all existing projects must be registered with the state’s regulatory authority by July 2017, and that no new project can be launched without this registration.
This enables the buyers to enforce their rights and seek redressal of grievances after such registration.
10. Scientists create solar cells from jamun
Scientists at IIT Roorkee have used the juicy, delectable Indian summer fruit Jamun to create inexpensive and more efficient solar cells.
Jamun is found as an inexpensive photosensitiser for Dye Sensitised Solar Cells (DSSCs) or Gratzel cells.
Gratzel cells are thin film solar cells composed of a porous layer of titanium dioxide (TiO2) coated photoanode.
State Bank of India has released the admit card for Prelims SBI PO 2017 examination. In other words, the Bank has released the SBI PO PET Admit Card. The SBI PO PET Admit Card / Call Letters invite SC / ST / Religious Minority Candidates for a round of Pre-Examination Training (PET) for SBI PO 2017 examination.
The SBI PO Prelims exam is scheduled on 29th, 30th April & 6th & 7th May 2017. The call letters have been released for those candidates who had earlier applied for Probationary Officers (PO) recruitment 2017.
The Pre-exam training will begin from April 17 and will continue till April 22. Students can download the SBI PO PET Admit Card from the direct link given below:
The State Bank of India Officials has conducted Online Examination for Specialist Officer Recruitment on 20.01.17 at various test centers across the country. Earlier, this examination scheduled tentatively on 25.11.16 which postponed to 22.01.17.
But due to UGC NET Exam on 22.01.17, the department has rescheduled this test on above mentioned date. All those candidates looking for Latest SBI Recruitment of SO vacancies have participated in this exam to grab their place. In the online examination, the authority has tested candidates on their ability of Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, and Professional Knowledge of concerned field. The written test divided into two sections.
The 01st section consists of 120 questions of 01 mark each while 02nd section consists 50 questions of 02 marks each. For 135 minutes, the written test has been held by the department. According to the selection procedure, applicants will get selected through the Online Test and Interview for Assistant Manager and other regular positions.
Candidates who passed this selection round will call by the board for next round. The board will release the names of qualified applicants based on SBI SO Exam Cut-off Marks. The expected cutoff as follow;
Expected SBI SO Cut off Marks 2017
|Sr. No.||Test Name||Maxi. Marks||Cutoffs (expected)|
|Approx. Overall Cutoff Marks||50-55||40-50|
Candidates for the Recruitment of Specialist Cadre Officers in SBI on Regular & Contract Basis.
Online Exam held on 20-01-2017
Interviews held during March 2017
You can also Read :
State bank of India has been invited online applications from the Indian nationals to recruit the specialist cadre officers of Customer Relationship Executives, Investments Counsellors, Relationship Managers, Acquisition Relationship Managers and more in wealth management of SBI on a contract basis. There are total 253 vacancies are available for this SBI Specialist officer of wealth management recruitment 2017.
There are total 253 vacancies available in this current recruitment of wealth management of SBI.
Available posts and vacancies details are given below.
- Acquisition Relationship Managers-21 Posts
- Relationship Managers-120 Posts
- Relationship Manager (Team Lead)-15 Posts
- Investment Counselors-25 Posts
- Customer Relationship Executives-65 Posts
- Central Research Team-04 Posts
- Manager Business Development-01 Post
- Manager Business Process-01 Post
- Sales Head-01 Post
- Products Investment & Research Head-01 Post
- Operations Head-01 Post.
Age limits and Educational Qualification
Acquisition Relationship Managers
Relationship Manager (Team Lead)
Graduate with AMFI/NISM/CFP/CSA/SEBI IA
Customer Relationship Executives
Central Research Team
Manager Business Development
Manager Business Process
Products Investment & Research Head
Graduate with knowledge of Market Analysis
Relaxation in upper age (for reserved vacancies): For- SC/ST-5 Years; OBC-3 Years; PWD(SC/ST)-15 Years; PWD(OBC)-13 Years; PWD(GEN)-10 Years.
For age relaxation for General candidates please verify at the time of online application.
You can also read:
Hello friends, This is the Updates of Current Affairs 21 March 2017. This will helpful for tackling General awareness section in SBI, IBPS, SSC, UPSC Exams.
1. Sun Pharma’s Dilip Shanghvi appointed as member on RBI’s western board
- Sun Pharmaceuticals managing director Dilip Shanghvi has been appointed by the central government as a member in the western area local board of Reserve Bank of India.
- The appointment is for four years with effect from March 11, 2017, the central bank said on its website.
- Shanghvi joins Enam Group chairman Vallabh Bhanshali on the western board. Last month the RBI appointed Prasanna Mohanty on the RBI’s southern local board, Vallabh Bhanshali on the western local board and Sunil Mitra on the eastern local board also for four years.
2. World Oral Health day
- World Oral Health day is being observed 20th March 17 to ensure good oral hygiene habits.
- World Oral Health day is observed on 20th March every year with the aim to highlight the importance of oral health.
- The theme for this year is “LIVE MOUTH SMART”.
3. Ex-Gujarat BJP MLA set to head Safai Karamcharis Commission
- A former BJP legislator from Gujarat is set to take over as the new Chairperson of the National Commission for Safai Karamcharis (NCSK), which has been headless for about a year.
- The government has cleared the names of Manhar Valjibhai Zala as the Chairperson, and Manju Diler from Uttar Pradesh and Dilip Kallu Haathived from Maharashtra as members of the NCSK.
4. Punjab to reserve 33 per cent government jobs for women
- The congress government in Punjab led by Amarinder Singh decided to provide 33 per cent reservation for women in all government jobs.
- This was among many decisions that the state cabinet took in it’s first meeting.
- the reservation would also apply to contractual appointments of women in government jobs.
- the representation of women in Panchayati Raj Institutions and urban local bodies would go up from 33 per cent to 50 per cent.
5. ICRISAT and ICAR join hands for crop improvement
- ICAR and ICRISAT (International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics), recently signed an agreement in New Delhi, in which climate-smart crops, smart food, and digitalisation of the breeding database were identified as some of the core areas of research.
6. Solar Energy Scheme for Small Powerloom Units Approved
- The Government has approved a new scheme to provide financial assistance or capital subsidy to small power loom units, for installation of Solar Photo Voltaic (SPV) plant, in order to alleviate the problem of power cut and shortages faced by decentralised power loom units in India.
7. Shahid Afridi appointed ambassador of Blind Cricket World Cup
- Former Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi has been appointed as the ambassador for the fifth edition of the Blind Cricket World Cup.
- The announcement was made by the Pakistan Blind Cricket Council (PBCC)
- fifth edition of the tournament, to be played in ODI format, will be hosted by PBCC in the United Arab Emirates and Pakistan in January 2018.
8. Low participation of women in urban area
- India has said there is need to improve the significantly lower participation of women in the workforce in the country’s urban areas.
- It is estimated that nearly 120 million Indian women, 80%of the total female workers, are employed in the rural sector.
- This is around 30% of the total number of workers in rural areas.
9. Indian-American Computer Scientist Anshumali Wins NSF’s CAREER Award
- An Indian-American computer scientist, Anshumali Shrivastava, was honoured with the National Science Foundation’s prestigious CAREER Award for his research on redesigning current machine-learning processes.
You can also read Today’s:
Hello friends, This is the Updates of Banking Affairs March 19 2017. This will helpful for tackling Banking awareness section in SBI, IBPS, SSC, UPSC Exams.
1. RBI Gets Government Approval To Print Rs. 10 Plastic Notes
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has been authorised to conduct field trials for printing plastic notes of Rs. 10 denomination.
- The Reserve Bank for long has been planning to launch plastic currency note after field trials. In February 2014, the BJP government had informed the Parliament that one billion plastic notes of Rs. 10 denomination will be introduced in a field trial in five cities.
2. Kerala gets first private bank: ESAF Small Finance Bank
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched ESAF (Evangelical Social Action Forum) Small Finance Bank, Kerala’s first private sector banksince the country’s Independence, in Thrissur, Kerala.
- R Prabha, former Chairman, Kerala Grameen Bank, is the Chairman of ESAF Small Finance Bank. The Bank will launch a new social deposit scheme ‘Hridaya Deposits’ for HNI and NRI customers.
3. World Bank approves funding for India’s ambitious National Hydrology Project
- The World Bank has approved a $175 million loan to India for the National Hydrology Project to improve India’s ability to forecast floods and reduce the recurring chances of floods and droughts.
- The loan would be disbursed by the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD). The loan has a six-year grace period in which no interest payments will be due and will mature in 23 years.
4. Social Security Agreement between India and Brazil
- India and Brazil initialed the text of the Social Security Agreement (SSA) in Brazil.
- The SSA between India and Brazil once in force by early 2018 will be the first such agreement between the BRICS countries.
5. The Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill
- The bill was introduced in Lok Sabha in November 2016. There is a ban on commercial surrogacy. Commercial surrogacy will result in a jail term of at least 10 years and a fine of up to Rs 10 lakh.
- Surrogate mothers practice it as a way of earning livelihood and are often abused. Legal issues also emerge 228th report of the Law Commission of India recommended prohibiting commercial surrogacy.
- It aims to prevent exploitation of women, especially those in rural and tribal areas.
6. GST Council Approves SGST & UTGST Draft Bills
- The Goods and Service Tax (GST) council headed by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley cleared the remaining State GST (SGST) and Union Territory GST (UTGST) draft bills during its 12 Council meeting.
- Now with this Council has approved all five draft bills for GST which is likely to be rollout by July 1, 2017.
- The UTGST draft law is for the Union Territories like Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, which do not have legislative assemblies.
7. 123 Tejas jets to join IAF by 2024
- If the present development and capacity enhancement plans go as scheduled, the Indian Air Force will have 123 Tejas jets, indigenously made light combat aircraft, on its fleet by 2024-25.
- To enable this, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL) is in the process of setting up a new assembly line for the jets and is involving the private sector in a big way, T. Suvarna Raju, Chief Managing Director
8. Indian markets can raise $100 bn. a year, says BSE CEO Ashish Chauhan
- The Indian stock market can raise $100 billion of capital annually going ahead to help meet the country’s funding needs, top bourse BSE’s CEO Ashish Chauhan has said while pegging the amount estimated to be raised through his exchange alone at $30 billion this fiscal.
- Next ten years for infrastructure building, setting up of new businesses, expansion of existing businesses, creation of jobs and other requirements to drive India’s growth story.
You can also read Today’s:
Hello friends, This is the Updates of Current Affairs March 19 2017. This will helpful for tackling General awareness section in SBI, IBPS, SSC, UPSC Exams.
1. 11 Indian women win ‘Women Icons’ award in Singapore
- Eleven Indian women are among the 25 Asian ladies who have won the ‘Women Icons’ award in Singapore for dedicating their lives to social work.
- Women empowerment and childcare remain on the minds of these women, who came from a number of fields for the award organised by Business Excellence & Research Group Pte Ltd and supported by Nanyang Technological University of Singapore.
- Among the award winners last night was Vandana Sharma, who served for a decade in the Indian Armed Forces, broke several stereotypes around ‘Women in Uniform’ and ventured into the corporate world.
2. India, Russia sign long-term support pact on Sukhoi Su-30MKI
- India and Russia signed two long-term support agreements for the Sukhoi Su-30MKI combat aircraft fleet, which is the mainstay of the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- Pacts were also signed for maintenance and life-cycle support for other Russian-origin platforms, such as Mi-17 helicopters, MiG-29K aircraft, INS Vikramaditya and T-90 tanks.
- The agreements were signed by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) with United Aircraft Corporation and United Engine Corporation.
3. Uttar Pradesh now have two Deputy CM
- Yogi Adityanath, the 32nd Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh now have two deputies Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma.
- Other states who have had two Deputy CM are Meghalaya, Telangana and Jharkhand.
4. First fully India-made train flagged off at Dadar station
- Medha, the made-in-India rake was flagged off for the maiden run of the 12-coach train from Dadar to Borivali, at Lokmanya Tilak Terminus.
- Medha has been manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai, which has installed LED lighting to reduce energy consumption.
5. Amitabh Bachchan launches world’s first app for breast health
- Mumbai-based Ushalakshmi Breast Cancer Foundation has released an app to provide information under one roof.
- It wasLaunched by Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan, the app – ‘ABC of Breast Health’ – will provide information in 12 languages.
6. US Group in Houston has conducted conference on ‘Make in India’
- ‘Make in India’ will be organised by US Group in Houston. This conference will begin from 24th March. The theme of the Conference is ‘Make in India’, the Inside Story. It is a 02 day conference.
7. Indian railways signs agreement with Australian research center
- To support future research and technology development, related to critical infrastructure in India, a railway research center in Australia has entered into an agreement with the Indian Railways.
- Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India (DFCCIL), a Special Purpose Vehicle set up under the administrative control of Ministry of Railways, has signed an agreement with representatives from Monash University’s Institute of Railway Technology (IRT), Australia in New Delhi.
8. ‘Janshakti’ is bigger than strength of a government
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 18th March 17 pitched for overall development in the nation, saying that Jan Shakti is more important than the strength of the government.
- Like the freedom movement, we need a movement for development where collective aspirations will propel growth of the nation,? said the Prime Minister while addressing India Today Conclave held in Mumbai via video conferencing.
- Prime Minister Modi further said that the new India is about Avsar (opportunity) and not about Upkaar (favour).
9. China ahead of India in internet access: Pew
- China is way ahead of India when it comes to internet access and smartphone ownership, a latest Pew Research report has said.
- According to the survey, 71 percent of Chinese say they use the internet at least occasionally or own a smartphone, our definition of internet users. In contrast, only 21 per cent of Indians say they use the internet or own a smartphone.
- Sixty-eight percent respondents in China said they own a smartphone, as compared with 18 per cent in India as of spring 2016.
You can also read Today’s:
Exambin provide you daily Financial affairs updates which includes latest financial news and banking news. Updates of Banking Affairs on 13 March 2017 will helpful for tackling Banking awareness section such as SBI PO, IBPS PO, IBPS SO, RBI Grade B, RBI Assistant, LIC AAO, SSC, UPSC CSAT etc.
1. BP Kanungo appointed RBI Deputy Governor
- BP Kanungo was on Friday appointed Deputy Governor in Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for three years.
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) has approved his appointment to the post with effect from the date of taking over the charge on or after April 3
- He has been appointed in place of R Gandhi.
- Kanungo was in March last year appointed as Executive Director in the central bank.
2. NBFC cash loan against gold restricted
- Non-Banking Finance Companies cannot lend more than Rs 25,000 in cash against gold, the Reserve Bank of India said.
- The earlier provision for NBFC was that high-value loans against the gold of Rs 1 lakh and above must only be disbursed by cheque.
- RBI reduced the amount to Rs 25,000 from the earlier Rs 1 lakh in line with the provisions of the Income Tax Act.
3. Coal India aims 400 million tonne output
- Coal India’s 65 new projects, with a targeted capacity of 302.88 million tonnes per year, were identified in FY 2014-15, of which project reports for 57 projects have been formulated.
- Coal India accounts for over 80% of domestic coal production.
4. Index of industrial production rises
- Index of Industrial Production rose 2.7% in Jan 2017.
- The Index of Industrial Production (IIP) is an index for India which details out the growth of various sectors in an economy such as mining, electricity and manufacturing.
- It is compiled and published monthly by the Central Statistical Organisation (CSO) six weeks after the reference month ends.
5. Maritime Admiralty Bill
- A bill seeking to consolidate the existing laws on civil matters of admiralty jurisdiction of courts, proceedings on maritime claims and arrest of ships was passed by the LS.
- The Admiralty, 2016 seeks to repeal laws which were made during colonial era when India had only 3 major ports.
- Matters related to admiralty could be decided only by the High Courts of Bombay, Calcutta and Madras.
6. IT based Tax app
- The I-T department has developed a mobile app for paying taxes and tracking refunds and is considering issuing PANs on real time basis using Aadhaar biometric.
- Income Tax department is considering issuing of Permanent Account Number (PAN) on a real time basis using Aadhaar’s e-KYC facility.
- The mobile application has the functionality to pay taxes and track refunds”.
7. President of India inaugurates the 12th CII-Exim bank conclave on India-Africa Project Partnership
- President Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated the two-day 12th CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India-Africa Project Partnership in New Delhi.The first conclave has held in 2005.
- It was organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in partnership with the EXIM Bank of India with the support of the Ministry of External Affairs and the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India.
You can also read Today’s:
The New India Assurance Company Ltd. has just released the NIACL Assistant 2017 notification. Total 976 vacancies are announced this year for the post of Assistant in Scale III cadre. The Online Registration for NIACL Assistant will start from 6th March 2017. Totally 984 Vacancies and its Salary 23K/- per month.
To Click Below Direct link to apply application for here and also see Official Notification on PDF:
- Age Limit: 18-30 years on 30-06-2017
- Educational Qualification: (Any Degree) Graduate in Any discipline
- Language: Knowledge of respective regional language
The pattern of Exam:
|Topics||No.of Questions||Total Marks|
Important Dates for the Exam of NIACL Assistant:
- Online Registration Commencement: March 06, 2017
- Closing of Online Registration: March 29, 2017
- Preliminary Exam Dates: April 23- April 24
- Mains Exam: May 23, 2017
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
- Regional Language Test
- No interview will be conducted for this post as per India Government’s guidelines.
After clearing prelims and mains exam, candidates will appear for regional language test in which they will have to write a passage in the regional language of the state from which they applied for the exam.