Hello friends, This is the Updates of Current Affairs 29 March 2017. This will helpful for tackling General awareness section in SBI, IBPS, SSC, UPSC Exams.
1. To explore the Solar System, NASA picks ten smallsat missions
- NASA has selected ten studies under the Planetary Science Deep Space SmallSat Studies (PSDS3) program, to develop mission concepts using small satellites to investigate Venus, Earth’s moon, asteroids, Mars and outer planets. For these studies, small satellites defined as less than 180 kilograms in mass (about 400 pounds).
2. Filmmaker Gurinder Chadha gets Sikh Jewel Award
- Indian-origin British Director Gurinder Chadha has been honored with the Sikh Jewel Award for 2017 for her immense contribution to British cinema.
- Chadha, whose films include Bhaji on the Beach, Bend It Like Beckham and Bride and Prejudice, received the award from UK Defence Secretary Michael Fallon. The event was organized by the British Sikh Association.
3. Satwik-Chirag pair wins Vietnam Challenger
- Promising Indian men’s doubles pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty clinched the $20,000 Vietnam Open International challenger badminton doubles title after defeating Thai pair of Trawut Potieng and Nanthakam Yordphaisong in a final in Hanoi, Vietnam.
4. GJEPC Hosted International Diamond Conference 2017
- The Gem and Jewelry Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) hosted the International Diamond Conference in Mumbai.
- It gathered leading miners, diamantaires, retailers, bankers and analysts from across the globe on a single platform to discuss issues faced by the global diamond industry, such as supply and demand, marketing and financing, and will cover all aspects of the diamond pipeline including mining, midstream, marketing & retail, international finance, valuation with KP and diamond certification.
- The theme of this conference was”Mines to Market 2017″
5. Union Petroleum Ministry launches MoPNG e Seva
- Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched MoP&NG e-Seva.
- It is a dedicated grievances redressal platform on Social Media for all queries and grievances relating to Oil and Gas Sector.
6. ESIC launched Mobile Clinic Services in AP and Telangana
- The Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) launched Mobile Clinic Services for the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- Union minister of state for labour and employment Bandaru Dattatreya, launched the ESIC Mobile Clinic Services by flagging off ‘Jan Suraksha Ambulances’.
- It is for the first time in the country that the ESIC Mobile Clinic Services are launched in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
7. Indian-American Vanita Gupta appointed president of ‘Leadership Conference’
- Indian-American Vanita Gupta has been appointed as president and CEO of ‘The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights’, becoming the first woman to head the prestigious organization.
- She will replace Wade Henderson who is stepping down after more than two decades. She will begin her new role on June 1, 2017.
8. Minoru Kato appointed as new HMSI CEO
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) has appointed Minoru Kato as a new President and Chief Executive Office of the company effective from April 1, 2017.
- He will be replacing Keita Muramatsu, the current President & CEO who spear-headed Honda’s Indian two-wheeler operations for the last six years.
9. India wins 73 medals in 2017 Special Olympics World Winter Games including 37 golds
- India’s individual athletes gave an impressive performance and won 73 medals at 2017 Special Olympics World Winter Games in Austria.
- This year’s edition witnessed 2,600 athletes from 105 countries competing. And Special Olympics Bharat team won 37 golds, ten silver, and 26 bronze.