Hello friends, This is the Updates of Current Affairs March 19 2017. This will helpful for tackling General awareness section in SBI, IBPS, SSC, UPSC Exams.
1. 11 Indian women win ‘Women Icons’ award in Singapore
- Eleven Indian women are among the 25 Asian ladies who have won the ‘Women Icons’ award in Singapore for dedicating their lives to social work.
- Women empowerment and childcare remain on the minds of these women, who came from a number of fields for the award organised by Business Excellence & Research Group Pte Ltd and supported by Nanyang Technological University of Singapore.
- Among the award winners last night was Vandana Sharma, who served for a decade in the Indian Armed Forces, broke several stereotypes around ‘Women in Uniform’ and ventured into the corporate world.
2. India, Russia sign long-term support pact on Sukhoi Su-30MKI
- India and Russia signed two long-term support agreements for the Sukhoi Su-30MKI combat aircraft fleet, which is the mainstay of the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- Pacts were also signed for maintenance and life-cycle support for other Russian-origin platforms, such as Mi-17 helicopters, MiG-29K aircraft, INS Vikramaditya and T-90 tanks.
- The agreements were signed by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) with United Aircraft Corporation and United Engine Corporation.
3. Uttar Pradesh now have two Deputy CM
- Yogi Adityanath, the 32nd Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh now have two deputies Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma.
- Other states who have had two Deputy CM are Meghalaya, Telangana and Jharkhand.
4. First fully India-made train flagged off at Dadar station
- Medha, the made-in-India rake was flagged off for the maiden run of the 12-coach train from Dadar to Borivali, at Lokmanya Tilak Terminus.
- Medha has been manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai, which has installed LED lighting to reduce energy consumption.
5. Amitabh Bachchan launches world’s first app for breast health
- Mumbai-based Ushalakshmi Breast Cancer Foundation has released an app to provide information under one roof.
- It wasLaunched by Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan, the app – ‘ABC of Breast Health’ – will provide information in 12 languages.
6. US Group in Houston has conducted conference on ‘Make in India’
- ‘Make in India’ will be organised by US Group in Houston. This conference will begin from 24th March. The theme of the Conference is ‘Make in India’, the Inside Story. It is a 02 day conference.
7. Indian railways signs agreement with Australian research center
- To support future research and technology development, related to critical infrastructure in India, a railway research center in Australia has entered into an agreement with the Indian Railways.
- Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India (DFCCIL), a Special Purpose Vehicle set up under the administrative control of Ministry of Railways, has signed an agreement with representatives from Monash University’s Institute of Railway Technology (IRT), Australia in New Delhi.
8. ‘Janshakti’ is bigger than strength of a government
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 18th March 17 pitched for overall development in the nation, saying that Jan Shakti is more important than the strength of the government.
- Like the freedom movement, we need a movement for development where collective aspirations will propel growth of the nation,? said the Prime Minister while addressing India Today Conclave held in Mumbai via video conferencing.
- Prime Minister Modi further said that the new India is about Avsar (opportunity) and not about Upkaar (favour).
9. China ahead of India in internet access: Pew
- China is way ahead of India when it comes to internet access and smartphone ownership, a latest Pew Research report has said.
- According to the survey, 71 percent of Chinese say they use the internet at least occasionally or own a smartphone, our definition of internet users. In contrast, only 21 per cent of Indians say they use the internet or own a smartphone.
- Sixty-eight percent respondents in China said they own a smartphone, as compared with 18 per cent in India as of spring 2016.