Hello friends, This is the Updates of Banking Affairs 28 March 2017. This will helpful for tackling Banking awareness section in SBI, IBPS, SSC, UPSC Exams.
1. GE Healthcare to spend $300 mn
- GE Healthcare will invest $300 mn over 5 years to deliver affordable healthcare solutions across India, other South Asian countries and Africa.
- US-based GE Healthcare delivers healthcare equipment and tech services that are aimed at reducing a cost of care using digital technologies.
- Such equipment and technologies will be designed and manufactured in India.
2. Paytm to become member of ASCI
- Paytm set to become a member of the self-regulatory voluntary organisation Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)
- The move is significant because advertising violations by e-commerce companies, which are big spenders on television, print and digital media, have been on the rise in recent years.
- ASCI members include key advertisers from various sectors, such as fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), media, auto and telecom.
3. Repco ties up with National Housing Bank
- Repco Home Finance Ltd (RHFL) has signed an agreement with National Housing Bank for implementation of a credit-linked subsidy scheme for the middle-income group.
- The scheme will be implemented for one year with effect from January 1, 2017. The scheme divides middle-income group into two categories- with annual household income up to Rs.12 lakh and Rs.18 lakh.
4. Shortest, widest Highway in the world
- Haryana would soon have the widest and shortest National Highway (NH) in the world with 16 lanes in a 3-km stretch.
- Detailed Project Report (DPR) of the proposed elevated National Highway, costing around Rs 700 crore.
- The 3kM road with 16 lanes will be built on the Sohna Road in Gurgaon.
- It will be the shortest and widest National Highway in the world.
5. Inclusion of Cities in World Heritage
- Five Indian cities have been included in the Tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, namely, Historic City of Ahmadabad, Delhi-A Heritage City, Jaipur City, Rajasthan, Ekamra Kshetra- The Temple City, Bhubaneswar and The Victorian & Art Deco Ensemble of Mumbai.
- All the required information for Tentative list proposals has already been submitted to UNESCO World Heritage Centre.
6. Kandi road project
- The Uttarakhand government will ensure that the wildlife at Corbett National Park is not harmed with the construction of the Kandi road which passes through it.
- The Kandi road project will reduce the distance between Garhwal and Kumaon by around 70 km.
- The Supreme Court had ordered the Public Works Department of the Uttarakhand government to prepare a new alignment of the project.
7. BSF’s first woman combat officer
- Tanushree Pareek, a resident of Rajasthan’s Bikaner who became the first woman combat officer to be commissioned by the Border Security Force.
- The Border Security Force is the primary Border guarding force of India. It is one of the five Central Armed Police Forces of the Union of India.
- BSF is a Union Government Agency under the administrative control of Ministry of Home Affairs.
8. First PSU general insurer to launch IPO
- General Insurance Corp. likely to be the 1st PSU insurer to tap the capital market as the finance ministry has started scouting for merchant bankers to manage its IPO.
- Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) has set the ball rolling for a listing of GIC Re.
- The govt holds 100% stake in GIC Re, which provides reinsurance support to 54 general and life insurance companies.
9. Aditya features in world’s 30 best CEOs
- HDFC Bank managing director Aditya Puri’s name has featured in the list of world’s 30 best CEOs, published by American financial magazine Barron’s.
- Puri, 66, has transformed HDFC Bank from a start-up into one of the world’s highest-quality banks.
- According to the magazine, a 2014 trip to Silicon Valley made Puri a digital evangelist.
You can also Read Today’s: