Hello friends, This is the Updates of Banking Affairs 29 March 2017. This will helpful for tackling Banking awareness section in SBI, IBPS, SSC, UPSC Exams.
1. CBEC to be renamed CBIC under GST regime
- The apex policy making the body for indirect taxes, CBEC is being rechristened as the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC) in the run up to the Goods and Services Tax regime to be rolled out from July 1.
- The Central Board of Excise & Customs (CBEC) is being renamed as the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC), after getting legislative approval
2. Bharat Dynamics, L&T sign up for torpedo export
- Bharat Dynamics Ltd (BDL), a defence public sector undertaking, signed an MoU with Larsen & Toubro (L&T) for export of torpedoes.
- The torpedoes are designed and developed at Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL), Visakhaptnam and manufactured by BDL.
3. ICICI Bank partners with Truecaller
- ICICI Bank announced a partnership with mobile app firm Truecaller for a new UPI-based mobile payment service.The new feature called as Truecaller Pay, and it will allow users of the app to instantly create a UPI ID, send money to any UPI ID or a mobile number registered with the BHIM app.
- It will also enable users to recharge their mobile number from within the Truecaller app itself.
4. Vijaya Bank inks MoU with Piaggio Vehicles
- Vijaya Bank entered into an MoU with Piaggio Vehicles for providing financial support for the purchase of vehicles under Small Road Transport Operators (SRTO) scheme in Bengaluru.
- Vijaya Bank Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Dr Kishore Sansi flagged off the first batch of vehicles under the MoU in the presence of Executive Directors B S Rama Rao, Y Nageswara Rao, and Piaggio Vehicles Vice-President Praveen Nagpal.
5. Syndicate Bank opens 40 ‘Ananya’ branches
- Syndicate Bank digitally inaugurated 40 ‘Ananya’ transformed branches. Project Ananya is a two-year large-scale transformation project undertaken by the bank to provide customers with ‘best in class’ services while improving and modernizing the whole bank.
- The aim is to enhance customer experience, improve sales focus, and improve digital transactions through a dedicated digit zone. The bank also launched its first MSME hub in Bengaluru.
6. Odisha becomes first state to bring banking to remote rural areas through SHG
- Odisha became the first state in the country to carry financial inclusion and extend banking services to unbanked areas through Self Help Groups (SHGs).
- The state government signed an agreement with State Bank of India in this regard. The system would be of great help to people in rural areas under social security schemes.