The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification of the Civil Services examination 2017 on February 22. Total 980 vacancies are announced by the UPSC this year.
This UPSC 2017 Civil Service Exam is the gateway to All India Services like Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Forest Service (IFS) and 22 other Central Services. The Online registration of UPSC has started.
As per the official UPSC calendar, the candidates have to submit the application form for prelims by March 17. The UPSC Prelims exam is scheduled on June 18, 2017, while the main exam is scheduled for October 10.
To Click below direct link to apply Online:
Important Dates of UPSC Civil Services Exam 2017
Opening of online registration – 22nd February 2017
Closing of online registration – 17th March 2017( By 6 PM)
Prelims Exam Result – 18th June 2017
Mains Exam Dates – October 2017
Decline Vacancies Table from last 3 years:
Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government.
The age limit is:
- General category: 32 years
- OBC candidates: 35 years
- SC/ST candidates: 37 years.
Age and Attempt limitations:
For Attending Exams:
For general category candidates, it is six attempts till 32 years of age.
The number of attempts for OBC candidates is 9 till 35 years of age.
The number of attempts for SC/ST exam candidates, it is unlimited attempts till 37 years of age.
For Age Relaxation:
- SC/ST Candidates – 5 years.
- Bc Candidates – 3 years.
- Ex-Servicemen – 5 years.
The selection procedure consists of 3 Stages.
- First Stage – Objective Prelims
- Second Stage – Subjective Mains
- Third Stage – Personal Interview
Exam pattern for UPSC Civil Services 2017:
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two stages
- In the preliminary round, objective type questions will be asked for the selection of candidates.
- In the Main Examination, both the written and interview will be done.
- The Main Examination is likely to be held in October 2017.
- Application fees for General Candidates / OBC – Rs. 100/-
- Application fees for Female/SC/ ST/ PH – No Fees .
You can also Read Todays: